Hetty’s simply could not run the service it does to the families in Nottinghamshire without the help of our amazing volunteers.
We always have volunteer opportunities, whether it’s helping out occasionally at a fundraising event, giving a couple of hours once a month to help cover the telephone support line, or being on a regular rota helping to serve customers and sort items at our charity shops. If you’re friendly and enthusiastic and want to help others within your community then please call us on 01623 643476 or send us a message on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Hettys2013
We have the following volunteering opportunities available:
- Serving customers and sorting donated items in our charity shops on a weekly/fortnightly or monthly basis
- Providing telephone support to families in crisis (subject to certain criteria)
- Providing administration support; filing, shredding, mail, spreadsheets etc.
- Providing fundraising or event planning support
- Occasional rubbish clearance/Spring cleaning
- Occasional handyman duties such as decorating or light repairs
- Qualified complementary therapist
- eBay and listing support
- Marketing, promotion and networking within local communities
Being part of a friendly and welcoming team can help to increase confidence and reduce isolation, as well as helping to gain new skills, experience, or knowledge. Our volunteers join us for a variety of reasons, some volunteers are previous clients who want to give back and help the service continue, some volunteers are retirees or parents with spare time on their hands, some volunteers are unemployed or working part-time whilst seeking a new role, and some volunteers are students filling their holiday periods by helping others or gaining meaningful experience.
Hetty’s are a supportive and nurturing organisation, wanting everyone to succeed whatever the goal, so if we can provide a placement to help with gaining employment or entering training then please get in touch!